For information on joining the Communities First Association click here.
CFA Mission Statement
CFA is a professional association of Intermediary Christian Community Developers that provides a supportive learning environment, resources, and tools to those who transform communities.
CFA Vision Statement
CFA extends the reach of Christian Community Development across the country by providing encouragement and support for Christian leaders, serving as a place for retreat and refreshment, and developing holistic, multi-sector approaches that contribute to God’s shalom.
We envision an association that:
- Encourages churches and organizations to participate in community transformation.
- Builds a supportive learning community.
- Has leaders growing leaders.
- Has credibility with churches.
- Is a strategic influence & voice for change.
- Extends the prevalence of Christian Community Development nationally.
- Offers in-depth holistic, Christian, multi-sectored approaches to community development that leads towards God’s shalom at all levels of community life.
The Communities First Association has as its focus the work of Community Transformation. We know a community is being transformed when:
- We see signs of increasing ownership in the community
- We see evidence of a growing sense of community
- We see and hear about shared vision among residents in the community
- We see evidence of increased knowledge, skills, and resources working for shared benefit
- Leadership is emerging in the community from the community
- We see appreciation for evaluation and reflection and ongoing learning in a community
- We see Christians living out Biblical values, sharing their faith in natural ways, and contributing to a sense of peace and joy (Shalom)
CFA Mission Statement (PDF)