What is Community Development? A Fishing Analogy…
September 9, 2011 Leave a Comment
(Originally published in the CFA Summer 2011 Newsletter)
Evidence of a community being transformed:
1. Shared Vision – Residents dream together
2. Sense of Community – A developing community pride.
3. Ownership – This is our community.
4. Emerging Leaders – Leadership comes from within.
5. Improving the uses of community resources, knowledge and skills.
6. Ongoing learning – We improve on what works best.
7. Shalom – Peace and joy cover the community.